Monday 11 March 2013

My Nan Hobbs

Getting older is so tough. My lovely nan Hobbs is 92 years young (turning 93 in May). I am struggling with knowing when is the right time to go visit her as she has turned ill over the last little while. Up until a couple months ago she has always been so with it, healthy, living on her own, great cook, witty and VERY funny, along with so many wonderful qualities. Around Christmas she caught phenomenal and has been in and out (mostly in) the hospital since then. She has lost to much weight and is now very weak. My cousin sent me a picture of my precious nan tonight and all I could so is cry. It makes my stomach ache with how fragile and different she looks. I know she has lived a well, loved filled life (she did not have all the money in the world but she has family (10 children and they have families of their own and so on) who adore and cherish her more then words can ever describe. Nan is the queen of our family. Our family is who we are because of her. I am so blessed to have her as my nan. I thank God everyday for her. Even though we live across the country I am grateful for having a close relationship with her over the years of my life. I remember spending multiple summers with nan as she would come to Calgary (every summer) to visit all of us here. Thank you so much mom for all the times you have taken me to Newfoundland to visit nan and my family, I appreciate you so much. Since nan has been in the hospital I have missed our 'Sunday chats' on the phone. If I'd miss a Sunday I couldn't wait to call her the following visit at my moms the next Sunday. Needless to say I will be going to visit her, I am struggling with when to go. Bryan and I have a wedding early April, so I am debating if I should go now or play the waiting game and go mid April. Please pray I go at the right time.

This post may not make a lot of sense as my emotions have gotten the best of me. Just wanted to share how special my beautiful nan Hobbs is. I love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment